It’s still Blueberry season! I don’t know about you, but my family loves pancakes. The “little cutie” can eat them everyday if I let her! Though her pancake of choice is chocolate chip, I happen to love cornmeal pancakes! Here is a Martha Stewart Living recipe I found via Bakerella, which is a baking blog I’m pretty much obsessed with right now. Aren’t her images amazing?
Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar, plus two tsp for blueberries
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 egg lightly beaten
2 cups blueberries
Extra butter for coating griddle
(Makes about 16)
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, milk, butter and egg in medium bowl.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and whisk together just until combined.
- Toss blueberries in a small bowl with 2 tsp sugar.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Take extra butter and run over surface of griddle. Repeat as necessary throughout process.
- Pour batter on griddle 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add some of the sugared blueberries to each pancake.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side for about 2 minutes.